Tips To Ensure Successful Delivery
Follow these simple tips to ensure the smooth, successful first time delivery of your order.
Ensure you enter the delivery address correctly.
- Include the building or flat number.
- Include the business name if it is a business address.
- Include the correct postcode.
Select the appropriate postage option.
- If you need your order delivered in time for an event in the next few days then we strongly recommend selecting one of the tracked, express or next day services.
- At peak times of the year and in the winter months it is more possible for mail to be delayed so please allow for this when ordering and selecting a postage option.
Choose a delivery address where someone will be there to receive delivery.
- If you know that no-one will be at your home to receive delivery during the day then you can choose to have it delivered to your work address or a friend’s/relative’s address.
- Include a note with your order saying which neighbouring house number(s) you would be happy for your order to be delivered to if you are not at home.
- Please do not rely on instructions to leave the parcel “in the shed”, “behind the bin”, etc. Unless you specify a secure safe place to leave your parcel then we will not pass on such instructions as parcels can be damaged by rain, vermin or get stolen.
If you live in a flat.
- Please clearly include your flat number and building number/name as applicable.
- If there is a concierge/porter/reception service that the parcel can be delivered to then please let us know.
- If the postman/courier needs to ring a bell or go through security to gain access to the flats then please let us know.
If you live in London.
- Please be aware that in our experience deliveries in London seem to be more prone to delays. We strongly recommend that you select an express, trackable postage option if it is important that you receive delivery by a certain date.